Submissions are now closed for the 2019 Alchemy Film & Moving Image Festival (2-6 May 2019). The deadline was 30th November 2018. Submissions for our next festival (May 2020) will open in May 2019.
About Alchemy Film & Moving Image Festival
- Alchemy Film & Moving Image Festival is an international festival of experimental film and artists’ moving image. Submissions of artists’ and experimental film from any part of the world are welcome – we celebrate a diverse range of works: the visually experimental, quietly poetic, formally radical, psycho-geographical, politically activist, culturally subversive, psycho-spiritual, the alchemically volatile, the underground and the bizarre. Conventional or commercial-style narrative dramas, animations and documentaries are less likely to be successful – unless they are truly original in form and content.
- Alchemy Film and Moving Image Festival is working towards its ninth edition. It is a not for profit venture, run by Alchemy Film & Arts. Alchemy Film & Arts is a registered Scottish charity (no. SC042142).
- The next festival will take place over five days, 2-6 May 2019, in Hawick, in the Scottish Borders region of Scotland.
- Our postal address is: Alchemy Film and Moving Image Festival, 39-41a High St, Hawick, Roxburghshire, TD9 9BU, Scotland, UK
- To contact us by email go here or join our mailing list.
General Terms of submission
- After submitting this form you will see a ‘Pay now’ link on the confirmation page. Alternatively, you can visit this link to make payment, but make sure you enter the Film Title and your Last name in order that we can link your payment to your entry. The payment link will also be included in the confirmation email you receive. Your entry will not enter the review process until payment has been received.