Harriet Warman is Producer and Programmer at Alchemy Film & Moving Image Festival. She is also a film writer.
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Long walk on a warm day followed by freshly cut grass, gin & tonic, birdsong, reading.
2. What lies at the heart of your own desire to make films?
My films remain in the concept stage. I desire to move them from this stage to actually existing as moving images and sounds.
3. What are the first things you do in developing a film idea in response to a subject?
4. What’s your favourite film and why?
Too hard to answer. There are many answers. One of them is Jeanne Dielman, one of them is Harvey, one of them is Stalker.
5. Choose 1, 2 or 3 of your all-time favourite music tracks!
Knocks Me Off My Feet by Stevie Wonder, You’re All I Need to Get By by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell and 85 by VASQUEZ.
6. From your favourite poem – could you give us a few lines that mean something to you?
I don’t have a favourite poem but I always liked They fuck you up, your Mum and Dad, they do not mean to, but they do.
7. If you were to die and come back as a person, animal or a thing, what would it be?
8. What is your greatest extravagance?
9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
The anticipation of change, or growth.
10. What is your final word?