Help us deliver exciting year-round moving image exhibitions in our exciting new venue in Hawick’s High Street. Here we have our offices, a flexible exhibition space, editing suite and will host 4 moving image exhibitions between May – September 2017, with a view to having a rolling exhibition programme.
To enhance the moving image exhibitions we are looking for a pool of voluntary Exhibition Assistants who are passionate about the arts, especially moving image, and want to share this passion with exhibition visitors. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals who are friendly, approachable, confident speaking to new people and able to give the warmest of welcomes. Bespoke training specific to each exhibition will be provided.
Essential Qualities & Skills:
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Capable of using your initiative, and working as part of a team
Desirable Qualities & Skills:
Interest in artist moving image, film or visual arts
Previous experience in a similar front facing / customer service role
To get involved or find out more please get in touch with Laura McIntyre, Community Engagement Coordinator, via email@example.com or 07702 726269.
We could not do the work we do without our volunteers. To acknowledge this we will always say thank you and show appreciation for a job well done. There will always be a listening ear or shoulder to lean on. To express our gratitude for our volunteers hard work and absolute dedication we offer:
•The opportunity to contribute to Hawick’s cultural community, meet new people and have fun
• Access to screenings and events at the 2018 Alchemy Film Festival
• 1 free Alchemy Film Festival t-shirt, please wear this while you are volunteering!
• Discount (cost price) on Alchemy T-shirts and merchandise.
• Including your time with Alchemy on your CV.
• Tailored learning & development opportunities, wherever possible.
• One-to-one career, CV and interview advice.
• A special Volunteer Appreciation Event in the summer.