Our call for entries closed on 30 October. Submissions for the 2018 Alchemy Film Festival will open in spring 2017.
About Alchemy Film and Moving Image Festival
- Alchemy Film and Moving Image Festival is an international festival of experimental film and artists’ moving image. Submissions of artists’ and experimental film from any part of the world are welcome – we celebrate a diverse range of works: the visually experimental, quietly poetic, formally radical, psycho-geographical, politically activist, culturally subversive, psycho-spiritual, the alchemically volatile, the underground and bizarre. Conventional or commercial-style narrative dramas, animations and documentaries are less likely likely to be successful – unless they are truly original in form and content.
- Alchemy Film and Moving Image Festival is working toward its seventh edition. It is a not for profit venture, run as a partnership between Alchemy Film & Arts and our main venue partner, Heart of Hawick. Alchemy Film & Arts is a registered Scottish charity (no. SC042142).
- The next festival will take place over four days, 2-5 March 2017, in Hawick, in the Scottish Borders region of Scotland.
- Our postal address is: Alchemy Film and Moving Image Festival, Crown Buildings, 20-22 High St, Hawick, Roxburghshire, Scotland, TD9 9EH, UK.
- To contact us by email go here or join our mailing list.
General Terms of submission
- Once a work has been submitted, it may not be withdrawn at a later date.
- Deadline for submissions: midnight 30th October 2016. You will be notified if successful no later than 1st February 2017.
- Please read the full Terms of Entry before filling out the form below. We also accept submissions through FilmFreeway.
- There is a £5 entry fee (approx $8 / €6), or $9 if using FilmFreeway.
- You should see a confirmation page and receive a confirmation email straight after submitting the form. If you do not see these then your entry has not been received and you should try re-submitting the form.