Claire completed her BA (Hons) in Intermedia at Edinburgh College of Art in 2009. Upon graduating Claire co-founded Rhubaba Gallery and Studios in Edinburgh, an artist-run organisation providing studio space and an annual programme of exhibitions and events. Claire’s coming to Alchemy to present her film GIF Cat GIF in our Reasons to Be Anxious programme.
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
With friends and loves ones looking at a star filled sky.
2. What lies at the heart of your own desire to make films?
3. What are the first things you do in developing a film idea in response to a subject?
Make v.quick mini shorts, testing out technique and building narrative.
4. What’s your favourite film and why?
Lost in Translation, the subtlety in the complexities of love.
5. Choose 1, 2 or 3 of your all-time favourite music tracks!
Kate Bush – Cloudbusting
Phil Collins – In the Air Tonight
Diana Ross – Chain Reaction
6. From your favourite poem – could you give us a few lines that mean something to you?
It’s not exactly a poem, but a verse in a song;
And we’ll all go together
To pluck wild mountain thyme
All around the blooming heather
Will ye go, Lassie go?
Wild Mountain Thyme, Francis McPeake
7. If you were to die and come back as a person, animal or a thing, what would it be?
9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
10. What is your final word?