Allan Brown is a Canadian filmmaker. We will be hosting the World Premiere of his film Re-mesmerizing from Ormstown to Parc Lafontaine in our Coos&Chemicals programme.
The film is a single frame shooting to a county fair through progressive loops, a petting zoo and an alpaca farm, a micro-travelogue from the Ormstown Expo to Montreal’s parc Lafontaine with sounds of distant field recordings and binaural tones.
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
2. What lies at the heart of your own desire to make films?
To transport the audience somewhere else like music…
3. What are the first things you do in developing a film idea in response to a subject?
Location, location, location
4. What’s your favourite film and why?
Robert Altman’s Nashville because it’s freakin’ amazing.
5. Choose 1, 2 or 3 of your all-time favourite music tracks!
A Love Supreme by John Coltrane, Magwaza by Johnny Dyani, Sisters of Mercy by Leonard Cohen.Favourite right now: Hubris pt 3 – Oren Ambarchi
6. From your favourite poem – could you give us a few lines that mean something to you?
Not necessarily my favourite but one full of great lines….
“Never look out
The sun may punch you in the eye- “
Adrian Mitchell Loose Leaf Poem
7. If you were to die and come back as a person, animal or a thing, what would it be?
8. What is your greatest extravagance?
Making films on my own terms and New Brunswick wild atlantic smoked salmon
9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
10. What is your final word?
I have no words.