Péter Lichter is showing his film Non-Places: Beyond the Infinite in our Coos & Chemicals programme. Péter is a Hungarian experimental filmmaker. He’s been making found footage, abstract films and lyrical documentaries since 2002. He is also one of the editors of the Prizma film magazine and wrote a book on experimental cinema called The Invisible Empire. Péter’s first feature length horror film Frozen May will be released in 2017.
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Walking in the city with my girlfriend, checking out unknown bookstores.
2. What lies at the heart of your own desire to make films?
Playing with ideas, and later with images and sounds.
3. What are the first things you do in developing a film idea in response to a subject?
I start to make sketches which show me the opportunities of the idea.
4. What’s your favourite film and why?
Badlands by Terrence Malick. Because it is very difficult to analize it.
5. Choose 1, 2 or 3 of your all-time favourite music tracks!
Monogram by Solar Fields.
6. From your favourite poem – could you give us a few lines that mean something to you?
Like a long-legged fly upon the stream
His mind moves upon silence.
7. If you were to die and come back as a person, animal or a thing, what would it be?
8. What is your greatest extravagance?
Haribo gummy candy.
9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
10. What is your final word?